Laboratory of high magnetic fileds was created in the frameworks of Scientific and
Educational Center “High Magnetic Fileds” in 2009.
The main goals of the Laboratory are:
- Technology of high pulsed magnetic fields generation (wire, solid-turned and single-turn
- Research in high magnetic fields up to 60 T
- Research in the field of high-power pulsed electrophysics (solid-state opening switches,
current limiters, special measurement means, etc.)
- Theoretical research in the field of strongly correlated Fermi systems, low-dimensional
and frustrated magnetic systems and nanostructures
- Calculation and theoretical research of substance extreme state
- Human resource development in the field of high-power electrophysics, solid state
physics and physics of nanosystems
- Contract development and manufacturing of high-power electrophysical systems (for
generation of high pulsed magnetic and electric fields, megampere currents)
- Consulting and engineer services
The Laboratory is acting under the agreement between SarFTI and Russian Federal Nuclear
Center - VNIIEF. Full-time employees of SarFTI and VNIIEF are working in the Laboratory.
Doctors and Candidates of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (Ph.D.), Laureates of
Prizes of Russian Federation Government in the field of science and technology are
the members of the scientific team.
Educational activity of the laboratory is associated with the chair of “Experimental
Physics” of SarFTI National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
We are open for collaboration!